This website works best when using Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers.
Your Benefits “To-Do” List – Planning for the coming year
This year, more than ever, it is important to review your health care elections. Information will be posted in the coming weeks to help you make informed decisions about your benefits.
→Review the new plan year rates – Note** Premiums for some plans, particularly the Traditional plan, have changed. Review the rates prior to Open Enrollment so you can make any changes to your benefit elections. If you miss the Open Enrollment window, you will be locked into your election until next Open Enrollment or experience a Qualifying Life Event.
→Review the FY23 Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
→Check out the FY23 New Plan Year Highlights
→Review the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Toolkit to learn about how the FSA works.
→Start a file for your FY2023 receipts.
→Set up your Blue Cross of Idaho member portal login at members.bcidaho.com.
→Visit the Be Healthy page to find ways to manage your a current health condition, stop smoking, and see what extra perks are available to you.
What is “Telehealth”?
Telehealth is defined as the delivery and facilitation of health and health-related services including medical care, provider and patient education, health information services, and self-care via telecommunications and digital communications technologies.
As an enrolled member in the State’s health plan, you have two options for medical and behavioral health:
- MDLive, a stand alone program that allows you to engage with a provider via technology for non-emergent medical and behavioral health needs for a lower cost. AND
- Seeing your own Primary Care Physician (PCP), Specialist or Counselor via telephone or video subject to copay and coinsurance of the plan in which you are enrolled.
Access convenient, virtual care from anywhere
Text ‘bcidaho’ to MDLIVE (635483)
How it works:
1. Activate your account
2. Choose a doctor
3. Resolve your issue
The Office of Group Insurance is established in Idaho Code Sections 67-5760 through 67-5772.
Specific links that may be of interest:
- Powers and Duties of Group Insurance – Idaho Code 67-5761
- Objectives and Considerations of Group Insurance – Idaho Code 67-5762
Required Notices and InformationState of Idaho (ACA) Notice of No Rescission 2022 Annual Benefit Notices
- Health Insurance Exchange Notice
- Notice of Special Enrollment Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA) Notices
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction to Equity (MHPAEA) Disclosure
- Employer’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) otice
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act Notice
- Medicare Part D Credible Coverage Notice
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) Disclosures
- General Notice of COBRA Rights
- General FMLA Notice
- USERRA Notice