This website works best when using Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers.
Check out these programs!!
Your Plan Year “To-Do” List
This year, more than ever, it is important to review your health care elections.
→Review the FY24 Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
→Check out the FY24 New Plan Year Highlights
→Review the FY24 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Toolkit to learn about how the FSA works.
→Start a file for your FY2024 receipts.
→Set up your Blue Cross of Idaho member portal login at members.bcidaho.com.
→Visit the Be Healthy page to find ways to manage your a current health condition, stop smoking, and see what extra perks are available to you.
New for FY24 – Employer Funded Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are a way employees AND employers to contribute pre-tax dollars to an account to pay for health care expenses. Best of all, these funds belong to the employees; there is no “use it or lose it”.
How do you know if you are eligible?
- You must be enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- You cannot be covered by any other health plan (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, spouse’s employer-sponsored non-HDHP plan, etc.)
- You cannot participate in the regular Health Care FSA but you can participate in the Limited Purpose Health Care FSA.
School District Information
The links below provide information that will assist school districts with understanding the State’s group health plan. If you have additional questions, visit the Contact Us page.
- FY24 Plan Year Rates & Premium Model Comparison – Start July 2023
- School District Presentation Slide Deck – Updated 4/21
- Sample Administrative Services Manual
- Options to Use Sick Leave
- Draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Decision/Discussion Guide
OGI Enabling Statutes
The Office of Group Insurance is established in Idaho Code Sections 67-5760 through 67-5772. Specific links that may be of interest: