State Health Plan Working Group
The Governor has appointed a group of benefit professionals to discuss the funding model for the State’s health plan. The Office of Group Insurance has contracted with a meeting facilitator with specialized background in benefits to conduct these meetings. This group will meet several times between October – December. Meetings will be streamed via Zoom. No public testimony will be taken.
- October 22, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MST | Via Zoom
- October 29, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MST | Via Zoom
Contact Jennifer Pike, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Zoom information.
Your Benefits “To-Do” List
Review the Benefits at a Glance FY2021
Start a file for your FY2021 receipts.
Set up your Blue Cross of Idaho member portal login at members.bcidaho.com.
Check out the health and wellness resources available on the WellConnected section of the Blue Cross member portal.
After July 1, set up your Navia member portal login at idaho.naviabenefits.com if you are participating in Flexible Spending Accounts. NOTE*** The IRS has allowed for more flexibility in enrollment and changes of the FSA through December 31. Visit the Flexible Spending Accounts page for more information.
Visit the Be Healthy page for information on the Bright Beginnings prenatal program, to find ways to manage your a current health condition or stop smoking, and/or if you’d like to see what extra perks are available to you.
Check out the New Plan Year Highlights
What is “Telehealth”?
Telehealth is defined as the delivery and facilitation of health and health-related services including medical care, provider and patient education, health information services, and self-care via telecommunications and digital communications technologies.
As an enrolled member in the State’s health plan, you have two options for medical and behavioral health:
- MDLive, a stand alone program that allows you to engage with a provider via technology for non-emergent medical and behavioral health needs for a lower cost. AND
- Seeing your own Primary Care Physician (PCP), Specialist or Counselor via telephone or video subject to copay and coinsurance of the plan in which you are enrolled.
Access convenient, virtual care from anywhere
Text ‘bcidaho’ to MDLIVE (635483)
How it works:
1. Activate your account
2. Choose a doctor
3. Resolve your issue
The Office of Group Insurance is established in Idaho Code Sections 67-5760 through 67-5772.
Specific links that may be of interest:
- Powers and Duties of Group Insurance – Idaho Code 67-5761
- Objectives and Considerations of Group Insurance – Idaho Code 67-5762