Blue Cross of Idaho contracts with Vision Service Plan (VSP) to provide the vision benefit included in each active employee medical plan.
Using your VSP benefit is easy.
- Find the right vision provider for you. You can choose to see a VSP doctor or any other provider. Find a VSP doctor near you.
- Review your medical plan contract if you have any questions about eligible for services and benefit amount.
- At your appointment, tell your doctor you have VSP. There's no ID card required. A vision card is available to print from the full site or download from the mobile site.
Who is responsible for filing the claim for benefits?
- There are no claim forms to complete when you see a VSP doctor.
- If you choose to go out-of-network and see a provider other than a VSP doctor, you typically have 12 months to submit a claim to VSP for benefit reimbursement.
For details about vision benefits, please see your medical Plan Contracts.
Vision Benefit Features
You can use the vision care provider of your choice. The advantage of using a VSP network provider is that VSP network doctors contact VSP to verify your eligibility, plan coverage, and to obtain authorization for services. Upon completion of the appointment, the VSP network doctor submits the claim to VSP for processing and VSP pays the doctor directly.
There are no claim forms to complete when you see a VSP doctor. VSP network doctors contact VSP to verify your eligibility, plan coverage, and to obtain authorization for services. Upon completion of the appointment, the VSP network doctor submits the claim to VSP for processing and VSP pays the doctor directly.
For personal plan information, employees can go to the VSP Web site at: www.vsp.com, and click on the “Register Now” button in the box titled “Already Registered? Log in Here:”
On the next screen, click the "Member Registration" area. You will be asked to provide a member/employee ID (Your social security number will not work), along with first and last name and birth date. The member ID is the same as your Enrollee Identification Number on the Blue Cross card, excluding the alpha characters.
Entering that information will take employees to a standard registration page that requests an account name and choice of a password. The user name cannot contain any special characters or spaces and the password must contain a numeral.
If you choose to see an out-of-network provider rather than a VSP Network Doctor, you will need to submit a claim to VSP for reimbursement.
Visit the Benefits & Claims section of the VSP website to submit a claim. You'll have the opportunity to upload receipts or submit them by mail. Please submit your itemized receipt(s) along with the out-of-network reimbursement form. VSP will reimburse you the allotted amount based on your benefits.