The State offers three medical plan options so that employees can select the plan that best meets their needs as well as access providers in their geographic area. Each medical plan provides comprehensive coverage, with different levels of out-of-pocket expenses and premium contribution rates. A Vision Benefit and Prescription Drug Coverage are included with medical plan enrollment. All benefit eligible employees also have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Wellness Resources. Deductibles and benefits for all plans are provided on a fiscal year, from July 1 through June 30.
FY20 Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
All PDFs recently updated
* Note - the High Deductible plan is now HSA compatible therefore all services and prescriptions that are not preventive in nature are subject to the deductible before the plan begins to pay.
Full plan contracts will be posted as soon as possible.
Medical Plan Comparison & Plan Contracts
|Feature Name||PPO In-Network||PPO Out-of-Network||Traditional||High Deductible|
Please keep in mind that deductibles and benefit payments are based on allowable charges.
Details about the medical plans, exclusions and waiting periods, can be found in each medical plan document and Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC).
- You save money when you use In-Network Blue Cross of Idaho providers
- Most employees choose this plan
- Less restrictive provider options, particularly useful for rural, out-of-network areas
- For non-BCI contracted providers, patient may be responsible for the balance of the bill after insurance has paid their portion
High Deductible Highlights:
- Primarily used as a secondary coverage
- Not currently compatible with any Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) or similar accounts
You now have access to virtual care, anywhere
Meet Sophie, your MDLive Personal Health Assistant. Sophie makes creating an account quick and easy using your smartphone, anytime, anywhere.