Life can be stressful. An Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, provides confidential, short-term counseling services for benefit eligible employees and their dependents to help them handle concerns constructively, before they become major issues. You can call anytime with concerns such as marital, relationship or family problems; stress, anxiety and depression; grief and loss, job pressures and substance abuse.
Blue Cross of Idaho contracts with ComPsych’s GuidanceResources® Worldwide to provide the EAP benefit. Benefit eligible employees and their dependents may receive 1 to 5 visits per person per plan year with no copayment required.
Guidance Resources® Online
Provides online access to timely, expert information on thousands of topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial and free time. You can search for qualified child and elder care, attorneys and financial planners as well as ask questions, take self-assessment and more.
Guidance Resources is available
There are two ways to access your benefit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Call 877.427.2327. (TDD: 800.697.0353) You’ll speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require.
- Visit GuidanceResources® Online at www.guidanceresources.com and enter your company ID: SOIEAP.
This benefit also includes Conflict Resolution and Critical Incident Stress Debriefing services:
- Provides a forum in which supervisors and/or employees can develop or improve working relationships. This service is usually for two (2) or three (3) employees and, if requested, the supervisor.
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
- Provides an onsite response following a tragic or critical incident, such as the death of a co-worker or supervisor. This type of service can involve several sessions and larger groups of employees. Urgent counseling can be arranged for individuals.
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Designed to help employees handle issues that are not tragic in nature, but have a critical impact on the work environment. This service can be conducted onsite and might include a larger group of individual.
This video gives a general overview about how EAP programs work and the resources you have available.