Bright Beginnings is a prenatal program designed to promote healthy prenatal care through education to expectant mothers. Blue Cross of Idaho offers this program to any employee, or dependent spouse, who is pregnant. Program members are provided with nutrition, exercise, prenatal care and child care information to help maintain a healthy pregnancy and to deliver a healthy baby.
Here's what you need to do:
- The expectant mother must register for the program and see her physician during the first three (3) months of her pregnancy in order to be eligible for the selected incentive gift.
- Upon enrollment, the expectant mother will receive a book on pregnancy care as a gift from Blue Cross of Idaho. The gift will be mailed to the expectant mother along with a prenatal card, which is used for the incentive portion of the program.
- The physician must sign the prenatal card at each prenatal visit and the six (6) week postpartum examination.
- When the card is completed, the mother has 60 days to return the card to Blue Cross of Idaho and indicate which of the following she would like to receive as her incentive gift.
You can earn a $50 gift card
- A $100 gift card, and
- bonus book, What to Expect - The First Year
To enroll in the program, call Bright Beginnings at (208) 387-6999 during the first 3 months of pregnancy.The Maternity Management team will reach out to you to during your pregnancy and after delivery to offer resources and guidance.
To add a newborn to your insurance plan, view the Eligibility & Enrollment page. Enrollment forms must be submitted within 60-days of the date of birth for coverage effective as of the date of birth.
For short term disability information, visit the Life & Disability page or speak to your agency's human resource office.
This program should not be construed to replace prenatal medical care. All treatment decisions about medical care rest exclusively with the expectant mother and her physician. The Bright Beginnings program does not grant, or change, any health care policy coverage. All claims submitted to Blue Cross of Idaho will be administered in accordance with the applicable health care policy.