To be eligible to enroll, you must:
- be a retired officer or employee of a state agency, department, or institution who was hired on or before June 30, 2009,
- have at least 20,800 hours of credited state service before June 30, 2009 AND an additional 6,240 continuous hours of credited state service upon reemployment before your retirement,
- be under age 65,
- be receiving monthly retirement benefits from PERSI, Judges’ Retirement Fund, or an ORP retirement account,
- retire directly from state service,
- Note* If you meet some the above criteria but have a break in service before your retirement, you may not be eligible for this plan. Contact OGI for specific detail if you fall into this category.
Eligible dependents include the following:
- your legal spouse
- your dependent children up to their 26th birthday
To enroll for coverage, complete the form and submit it to the Office of Group Insurance. In order for the coverage to be effective on the first day of the month following the date active employee coverage terminates, your enrollment form must be submitted within sixty (60) days of the date that the active employee policy ends. If your enrollment form is submitted after the sixty (60) day enrollment period, you will be considered a late enrollee and coverage will be effective the first day of the month following the date of application.
Enrollment forms must be submitted to the Office of Group Insurance by mail, Fax, email or hand delivery.
If you decide that you want to terminate your enrollment in our group plan, you need to print the Enrollment Form, complete the section noted COMPLETE ONLY TO DECLINE ALL BENEFITS and submit the form to the Office of Group Insurance.
Forms can be submitted to the Office of Group Insurance by mail, Fax, email or hand delivery.
After your eligibility for group insurance coverage ends, you may be able to purchase continued medical coverage, on an individual basis, for a period of time under the federal Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA). Retirees and/or dependents may be able to elect COBRA continuation of medical coverage. Blue Cross of Idaho administers COBRA coverage for state of Idaho group members.