Who couldn’t use a fresh start this year?
Well, it is a new year for the health plan. So now what should you do?
- Review the Benefits “To-Do” List on the OGI homepage, ogi.idaho.gov. The OGI website has helpful information about all the benefits available to you.
- Confirm or update your contact information at Blue Cross of Idaho using the phone number provided on the new ID cards that all members are receiving. If you have had any recent changes to your mailing address or email address, these are also important to keep updated.
- Select a Primary Care Physician (PCP) and Dentist for your healthcare needs this year. Don’t have a provider? You can use the provider search feature on the Blue Cross of Idaho member portal. New feature this year, if you are on the PPO plan look for a Choice Docs provider to lower your copay.
- Schedule your annual preventive visit. Preventive visits are covered at 100% for all plans.
Had any life changes this year?
The new plan year is a great time to review the beneficiaries on your Basic Life and Voluntary Term Life (VTL) policies. Your HR Office can assist you with making any updates. You can also visit the Life & Disability page of the website for additional guidance.
Did you know? Starting July 1, the spouse and dependent child life insurance benefits have been increased to $10,000 and $5,000 respectively.
Other new plan year information to keep in mind:
- Telehealth services were so successful during the pandemic that medical and behavioral health appointments delivered by televisit will continue to be covered services in addition to the MDLive telehealth offering. MDLive visits are covered at 100% through July and all other visits are subject to copay and coinsurance.
- Vision benefits now includes an in-network option with a variety of providers across the state including Walmart and Costco. You can search for a provider near you by logging into www.vsp.com. More information will be posted on the OGI website soon.
- Nurse Advice Line starts July 1. The Nurse Advice Line lets you talk with a registered nurse 24/7 to help you make informed choices about your health.
- Medical, Vision and Dental plan contracts will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
Check out the list of FY21 New Plan Year Highlights [PDF] for more detail on new and continuing benefits.
Your agency’s HR office is also available to answer questions about enrolling in the medical and dental benefits if you are not currently enrolled or if you would like to add/delete dependents at any point during the year.
Keep an eye on the Office of Group Insurance website, https://ogi.idaho.gov, for information in the Stay Informed section, well-being resources in the Get Healthy page, information to navigate Life Events, and more… Questions? Contact the Office of Group Insurance in person, by telephone or email.