Employee Group Insurance Benefits
The State of Idaho is pleased to offer you a comprehensive and flexible benefit program designed to promote your health and personal welfare.
ATTENTION: Employees using Internet Explorer 10.0 will be denied access to specific SCO web applications at this time (IPOPS, I-Time and Employee Self Service). Use Internet Explorer 7.0 or 8.0 when completing Open Enrollment online forms. Late elections will not be accepted. Additionally, employees will not be able to access individual FSA account information on SHDR's website using Internet Explorer 10.
Open Enrollment for the medical, dental and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) programs begins on April 29 and ends on May 17.
- Employees do not need to re-enroll for medical or dental coverage. However, those who want to change from one medical plan to another, add previously declined dependent dental coverage or change their medical/dental premium deductions from pre-tax to post-tax (or vice-versa) can only do so during Open Enrollment.
- Open Enrollment also provides an opportunity for employees who did not enroll in the FSA when first eligible to do so and for those who are currently enrolled and want to continue participation to re-enroll for the coming plan year. Remember, enrollment in the FSA is on a year by year basis and elections do not continue from one year to the next.
- FY2014 Bimonthly Medical and Dental Premium Rates
- FY2014 Medical, Dental and FSA Plan Changes and Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- Open Enrollment Forms
Click here to read the most current articles.
Is it an Emergency? Check out Blue Cross of Idaho's eNewsletter to learn when to use the ER, urgent care or in-network physician.
As you know, the Office of Group Insurance has been in the process of remarketing the Medical and Dental coverage for the State of Idaho employee benefit plan. We sent out a Request for Proposal (RFP) to eight different carriers in October of 2012 and gave them 30 days to respond. In November we received 4 responses to the RFP.
The responses were evaluated by our consultant and actuarial firm based on industry standards and financial impact. After reviewing the data the decision was made to retain Blue Cross of Idaho for our health care coverage.
Blue Cross of Idaho has been our carrier since FY 2005 and we have been very pleased with the level of service we have received.
Walgreens is not a participating pharmacy provider. Please refer to the announcement on Blue Cross of Idaho's website here for further information.
The State of Idaho currently sponsors a voluntary long term care policy (LTC) through Prudential. In August 2012, Prudential announced they will discontinue sales of group long term care products. Prudential has stated they will no longer accept new enrollments after June 30, 2013. They will continue to administer coverage for existing plan participants, subject to the terms and conditions of the group contract. This coverage is guaranteed renewable. As long as premiums are paid on time, and benefits are not exhausted, coverage will remain in place. However, premiums may change on a class basis, subject to regulatory review.
If you have any questions related to this announcement, you may contact Prudential's Long Term Care Customer Service Center at 1-800-732-0416, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Eastern Time.
As previously announced, effective January 1, 2013 the Office of Group Insurance will be replacing the current Principal Supplemental Life policy with a Voluntary Term Life policy, also underwritten by Principal Life. The new Voluntary Term Life policy will provide employees the option of purchasing up to three times their annual salaries’ worth of coverage (maximum of $500,000) and also allows for the purchase of spouse and child coverages.
Bright Beginnings is a prenatal program designed to promote healthy prenatal care through education to expectant mothers. Blue Cross of Idaho offers this program to any employee, or their spouse, who is pregnant. Program members are provided with nutrition, exercise, prenatal care and child care information to help maintain a healthy pregnancy and to deliver a healthy baby. Upon successful program completion, the mother may choose to receive one of the following:
- A $100 U.S. Savings Bond in the mother's name; or
- Reimbursement up to $50 toward the purchase of a car seat
Periodically, we send mailings to our member's home address on file. If you can't find your copy of the mailing, you can find a copy on our website.